Ameriprise Financial - Washington - Edmonds, WA, United States
NRCC Environmental - Seattle,WA
- Meet with the Branch or Industrial Services Manager for job details and team assignments
- Participate and conduct daily and weekly safety meetings with expectations of adhering to the job specific and company safety policies
- Operate and maintain trucks, equipment and vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with all company health and safety policies.
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management.
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement.
- Understand and use the paperwork process flow, handling and transportation of non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials.
- Through safety training become an expert in recognizing onsite potential hazards and through communication and reporting rectify concerns.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Display leadership qualities including but not limited to work practices, attitude, H&S attentiveness, etc.
- Provide daily communication to the customer to ensure premiere quality of service and that change orders are communicated before additional work is completed.
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects. Must be capable of following detailed directions.
- Accurately complete and submit daily worksheets, change orders, equipment rentals, air monitoring reporting, H&S paperwork.
- Maintain compliance with DOT/OSHA and company required training.
- Be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. (on call rotation)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 years environmental services industry experience
- Driver's license required with a driving record with less than 3 violations in the last 3 years
- Basic computer skills & excellent communication skills
- Experience in emergency response work, hazardous materials operations, or related field
- HAZWOPER 40 hour certification required
- Confined Space Entry training is a plus
- CDL Class A or B with T, H or X Endorsement is highly preferred
- Must be able to perform heavy lifting; manual labor.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town on short notice for weeks or months at a time as required
- Understand and comply with all DOT and HAZMAT regulations including timely and accurate submission of Driver Daily Logs
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
You are a natural leader who can motivate and engage your team members. You aren't afraid to get your hands duty and do the work that's required to get the job done well. You possess integrity, a strong work ethic and a commitment to safety. You enjoy leading by example and mentoring a team.
A Day in the Life
What you need to apply
For information about our generous benefits click the link below
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
About the companyUS Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.