- train derailments
- oil spills
- natural disasters
- traffic accidents or industrial incidents
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Comfort wearing a respirator as needed (Clean shaven/mustache facial hair acceptable)
- Basic knowledge of smart phones and computers
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Good Driving record with less than 3 violations in the last 3 years
- HAZWOPER preferred (not required)
Join now and receive a sign-on bonus of $2,000!
Starting pay: $21.77 per hour
Schedule/Hours: Monday - Friday with regular overtime opportunities and bi-weekly on-call rotation to support US Ecology's 24/7/365 operations.
What is the job?
This a hard but rewarding job. Each day you can expect something different. You will be responsible for providing services to our regularly scheduled customers where you could be hydro blasting, working in confined spaces, operating heavy equipment, or other specialized projects.
You will also regularly respond to emergency environmental hazardous and non-hazardous events such as:
What you need to apply
How can your career grow? Career Path for our Environmental Emergency Response Technicians
Environmental Technicians can go on to become a Heavy Equipment Operator, Driver, Foreman, Supervisor, and more! US Ecology has several opportunities for professional growth
For information about our generous benefits click the link below
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
About the companyUS Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.